If you’ve fallen in love with a home in the country, be aware that most likely the water source is from a private well. Generally, lenders require a well certification before they will approve a mortgage. Chester County Home Inspections offers a comprehensive well certification service for your convenience. Schedule online now, or call (484) 212-1600.
A water well inspection is needed to certify that the well and equipment are in good working condition and can deliver the water needed to sustain a home. An inspection is always in the potential buyer’s favor because it’s costly to re-drill a well or replace the pump and equipment. The seller should make any necessary repairs or replacement prior to you signing on the dotted line. A well certification can be added to a buyer inspection or seller inspection.Schedule Now
What Do Well Certifications Include?
- Inspect and report on the pump and motor if it’s visible
- Determine the depth of the well if we can find information on the original installation
- Inspect the electrical circuitry, tank, valves, and associated filtering systems
- Measure the flow rate at intervals over a 2-hour period looking for changes in recovery time patterns
- Calculate well delivery and tank draw-down
- Report all findings with any recommendations
The minimum required supply level is 100 gallons per bedroom plus 100 gallons in two hours or less. What this means for a 4-bedroom house is five gallons of water per minute for two hours.
Why Choose Us?
- Consultative inspection professionals
- Hands-on experience as an owner of investment properties for 20+ years, completing at least five remodeling projects per year
- Thorough, comprehensive, and detail-oriented
- Local professional for historic and old house restoration assessments
- Certification from the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors
For all your inspection needs including well certification, call Chester County Home Inspections at (484) 212-1600, or schedule online now. We serve the counties of Chester, Berks, Philadelphia, Montgomery, and Delaware. In addition to well certifications, our environmental services include radon testing and water quality testing.