Pool & Spa Inspections
Does your next home include dreams of a pool? Let the inspectors from Chester County Home Inspections make sure it doesn’t turn into your nightmare. Spa and pool assessments can save you thousands of dollars in repairs, so schedule online now, or call (484) 212-1600.
Certified & Consultative
InterNACHI-certified professional inspector Edwin Dunckley takes a consultative approach in his residential inspection work. He’s fond of saying “I see it, I say it,” meaning that he’s always upfront about defects so a prospective buyer or seller knows the truth and can act on it.Schedule Now
Checklist for a Pool or Spa Inspection
At Chester County Home Inspections, we provide thorough, comprehensive assessments, as evidenced by our 39-point checklist:
- Adequate fencing, gates, barriers, alarms, and/or other protective devices are installed.
- Adequate storage space is provided for equipment.
- Decks around pool are not cluttered.
- Surfaces leading to the pool, including the deck and steps, are slip-resistant.
- Decks on all sides of the pool meet minimum safety standards.
- The deck is separated from the pool wall perimeter.
- There are no standing puddles on the deck.
- A adequate means of egress from the pool is provided.
- No unpleasant odors or irritating fumes are apparent.
- No physical damage is apparent at the pool equipment.
- Gates are visible from the deck, with no apparent damage.
- Drain covers are installed.
- Water return inlets are functioning.
- The water is clean and cleared of debris.
- There is no discoloration of the water.
- Algae growth is not visible.
- Coping stones and tiles are not chipped, cracked, or loose.
- The pool shell appears smooth, without readily visible defects.
- There is no visible surface staining.
- The water level appears to be maintained for the removal of floating debris.
- The water level appears at the proper height to allow continuous overflow of water into the gutters or skimmers.
- Skimmer weirs, skimmer baskets, deck covers, and flow-adjustment devices are installed.
- Lights are installed and operational.
- The number of underwater lights is noted.
- GFCIs are installed.
- Electrical wiring is not passing directly over the pool or spa.
- Hose bibs are installed near the pool.
- No apparent defects or signs of repair are observed at the diving board.
- The hair and lint strainer basket is clean of debris.
- The type of pipe has been identified.
- Pipes and fittings are not leaking.
- Pipes are supported adequately.
- Pipes are not showing signs of calcification, corrosion, or deterioration.
- Air pressure-relief valves are installed on all pressure filter tanks.
- Filter tanks are accessible.
- The filter’s brand is identified.
- A clean sight glass or visual outfall of at least 3 feet has been provided.
- The pressurized filter tanks and hair and lint traps are not leaking and are properly sealed.
- All piping, filters, and components that are part of the system are labeled, tagged, color-coded, or otherwise identified.
Comprehensive Inspection Services
- Termite inspections
- Radon testing
- Well certifications
- Water quality testing
- Pre-drywall inspections (for new-home builds)
- Pre-closing walk-through inspections (for new-home builds)
- Restoration assessments for old or historical homes
- Home warranty inspections
After the inspections are completed, we’ll issue you an interactive report complete with video and high-resolution photos that you can use for remediation and negotiation.