Sometimes the dangers we can’t see are the ones that pose the greatest risk to our families. Radon gas falls into that category. Make sure that this is one hazard you don’t have to worry about with a radon test from Chester County Home Inspections. Schedule online, or call (484) 212-1600 today.
What Is Radon?
Radon is an invisible and odorless radioactive gas that the EPA has identified as a risk factor for developing lung cancer. Radon comes from the radioactive decay of uranium and radium deposits in soil, rocks, and water. It enters into homes through cracks in walls, basements, and foundations. The only way to know for certain if your home has a dangerous level is to schedule radon testing. This test is easily added onto a buyer inspection or seller inspection, or can be done as a standalone test when needed.
Learn more about radon at https://www.chestercountyhomeinspections.com/blog/radon-basics/.
At Chester County Home Inspections, this is our radon testing protocol:
- We use state-of-the-art, tamper-resistant electronic monitors and run the test for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Monitors record device movement with tilt and gyroscopic sensors.
- We also record temperature and humidity readings then compare device data with local weather logs from NOAA for any signs of tampering.
- We then produce a chart with the radon levels for the entire duration.
- We are certified with the state of Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, certificate number 3253.
Results will be available shortly after the test is concluded. Having accurate results will ensure that you can confidently move forward with your purchase or ask for remediation from the seller before signing a contract.
Trusted Radon Specialists
You can trust the consultative inspection professionals at Chester County Home Inspections for accurate, reliable radon testing. We’re known for our thorough, comprehensive inspections that arm you with the information you need to make the best decisions for your family. Schedule online now, or call (484) 212-1600. We serve the counties of Chester, Philadelphia, Berks, Montgomery, and Delaware. In addition to radon, our environmental services include water quality testing and well certifications.