Every city has historic homes and buildings that have fallen into a sad state of disrepair. And every city has people that long to see history restored to its glory for a second go-round. Owner Edwin Dunckley of Chester County Home Inspections is one of those people. He has developed a reputation for being the local professional at determining restoration feasibility of old or historic homes and buildings. Schedule online now, or call (484) 212-1600.
Historic Restorations Are Trending
With the popularity of restoration TV shows, the business of restoring historical buildings is booming across the country. Chester County Home Inspections generally sees three reasons why these restorations are undertaken:
- Family history. A home or other building has been in the family for years but is sorely in need of updating before the next generation can move in.
- Historic preservation. Rather than tearing down the historic buildings in towns, government officials or interested citizens are undertaking the preservation of these precious landmarks to retain the history of the area in the form of museums or public spaces.
- Repurposing the space for business. Historic homes or buildings are being rescued and updated to take on a second life as restaurants, coffee houses, or bed and breakfasts.
What Do Restoration Assessments Include?
Most inspection companies don’t assess historic buildings. Buildings 100 years of age and older were constructed with techniques and mechanics that most people have never seen. Edwin, however, lives in a 200+ year-old-home and understands how to evaluate the condition of historic homes and buildings.
Our restoration assessments are comprehensive and thorough, inspecting the following:
- Structural integrity of the building (foundation, floors, walls, roof, overhangs, exterior, windows)
- Water quality
- Propane, Gas, and Oil
- Decks, Patios, Entrances
Once the assessment is complete, Chester County Home Inspections issues a report that will help owners and prospective buyers to determine the feasibility of restoring the building. It includes an estimate based on experience of the ballpark costs of restoration.View a Sample Report
Comprehensive Inspection Services
- Termite inspections
- Pool & spa inspections
- Radon testing
- Well certifications
- Water quality testing
- Pre-drywall inspections (for new-home builds)
- Pre-closing walk-through inspections (for new-home builds)
- Home warranty inspections
After the inspections are completed, we’ll issue you an interactive report complete with video and high-resolution photos that you can use for remediation and negotiation.
As you explore the possibilities before you, get the information you need by setting up a restoration assessment. schedule online with Chester County Home Inspections in Chester, Berks, Montgomery, Philadelphia, and Delaware counties, or call (484) 212-1600. We also provide buyer home inspections and seller home inspections, and specialty inspections for termites, pools and spas, and more.